Coffee Enemas are not new. They have been used daily all over the world at specialist cancer clinics and health spas for many years. They are well known for their cleansing properties and it is a process that is simple.
In my opinion coffee enemas work better during colonic irrigation because we introduce the coffee once the colon has been allowed to release some of its waste matter. This enables the coffee mixture to flow easily to the liver and gallbladder, via the hepatic portal system, thus ensuring a deeper cleanse.
Ordinary supermarket coffee should not be used but coffee processed specifically for this purpose. It contains higher amounts of antioxidants and is roasted at a lower temperature giving it an unusual light brown colour. Filtered water should be used as tap water contains many added extras.
While drinking coffee, caffeine is absorbed into the body’s general circulation by your stomach, intestines and main blood vessels. This increases heart rate, stimulates and weakens adrenal glands, stimulates bowel movement, depletes minerals via urination, restricts blood vessels and makes you ‘crash’. Placing the caffeine into your colon instead of your stomach significantly reduces the body’s ability to absorb caffeine into the general circulation so stress is therefore avoided.
The Benefits of a Coffee Enema During a Colonic
1. When done properly it is calming.
2. It stimulates your gallbladder and liver to release bile. This toxic bile is washed out of your colon during the enema and colonic process.
3. Caffeine and antioxidants are carried to the liver via the Hepatic Portal Circulation where is it processed.
4. High levels of palmitic acid stimulates an important detoxification enzyme: glutathione-s-transferase (GST) which stimulates glutathione, also a powerful antioxidant and detoxifer.
5. Theobromine, a byproduct of caffeine, is a potent dilator of blood vessels therefore circulation is stimulated. Poor circulation leads to increased toxins, weak cell metabolism and cellular waste products. By placing theobromine and caffeine into your colon via the coffee, circulation increases and cellular metabolism is stimulated but cellular waste reduced and toxins eliminated.
6. Once the colon is full the visceral Nervous System triggers responses which signal peristalsis (colon muscle movement) to allow release.
7. Coffee contains high levels of antioxidants – one of the highest containing levels of any food or product.
If you find that drinking caffeine stimulates you easily, and the feeling lasts, then your body is doing a poor job of processing toxins and chemicals generally so it may be a good time to reconsider your choices.