During a cleanse/detox our body is dealing with a lot of disturbed toxins that are being moved in order to be excreted. Your organs of detoxification – liver, skin, lungs, kidneys and bowel are all working over time in order to meet the demands of your cleansing programme. No doubt you are taking supplements in order to support these organs and encourage the body to excrete this waste.
Toxic movement causes many to experience a variety of symptoms, you may have one or more of the following but don’t be alarmed it really is the body doing the job it was designed for. Obviously listen to your body and if you experience symptoms which you feel aren’t right for you or are too severe then do stop your detox programme.
• Headaches, particularly in the first 3 days if you are used to caffeine
• Changes in temperature regulation – sweating, flushing or feeling cold
• Alterations in weight and appetite and bowel function may be different
• Changes in mood (tearful, angry, mellow) or energy levels may dip or rise near the end
• Changes in libido and sexual function my occur
• You may feel tired and need to go to bed earlier