Blood Tests are useful and can take the guess work out of many of our diseases and point us in the right direction with regard to healing ourselves. However they are a guide only as test results often do not reflect the symptoms that a person is experiencing and an example of this would be thyroid tests. Many with hypothyroid symptoms feel lethargic, experience low mood, feel colder than others, experience weight issues but still the thyroid test shows ‘within a normal range’. That ‘normal range’ also varies between countries too. We are all individual and function slightly differently so what one body considers off the scale another does not.
So, how does the medical profession decide what is ‘within normal range’ for their laboratory results? To find the average range a 100 people have blood drawn and the middle 95% of the results are considered ‘within normal range’ and the other 5% is considered to be ‘outside the normal range’.
If you are struggling to find out exactly what is at the root of your ill health, and blood tests are pointing to the normal range, then do consider other blood tests which cover a broader spectrum. Also, consider a holistic approach where a practitioner will look at the pulse, meridian energy, the tongue and iris health to gain a fuller picture of the root causes of symptoms.